Beta Phi shield-page-Transparent-OldGold.png

Celebrating 97 Years of Friendship and Service

Beta Phi Chapter, Durham, North Carolina, was chartered December 15, 1924 at the Thirteenth Grand Conclave, upon the petition of R. McCants Andrews, Alpha '15; C. W. Blackmon, Alpha '21; R. N. Harris, Eta Omega '22; John Fouchee, Zeta Omega '23; and J. W. Jones, Tau Omega '23. It was not long before the jurisdiction of Beta Phi was extended to include Raleigh and Eastern North Carolina. This chapter has participated in making effective the policies of each Supreme Council that has been in control of Omega Affairs since it was chartered. It has sponsored scholarship awards in various colleges and high schools; it has made contributions to worthy causes; it has given books on Negro history to libraries and schools in this section, and has established a loan fund for worthy undergraduates of local schools. It has regularly given social affairs and entertained national officers of Omega and other Greek-letter organizations.